As most of you know, today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. Our local face2face group did a balloon release for all our angels. It was really nice. There were so many other moms & dads there honoring their angels, and it was very touching. As I let those balloons go for Matthew and Joshua, I could feel Elijah just kicking away. It was kind of emotional(could have been the hormones). Without Matthew and what happened to him, there wouldn't have been Joshua. Without those two, we wouldn't be where we are right now in our pregnancy with Elijah. Their stories are very much connected.
Daniel couldn't go because he had to work, so my sister and I went together. I thought a lot about her angels today. The loss of her twin boys back in December '08 at 20 weeks was so devastating for her and for our whole family; we just didn't expect something like that to happen. When she lost her daughter at 25 weeks in August '09, my heart absolutely broke for her. I didn't know what to say or do for her. It turned out that my younger sister would end up being the one helping me out through my losses later on. Crazy how things play out.
Here are some photos from today:
 |
| my sister |
 |
| lit candles for my nephews, niece, and my boys |
 |
| couldn't have asked for a better day...it was beautiful |
 |
| me |
  |
It was hard writing on the balloons with all the wind...lol..
I thought about all you BLMs & your angels, also. Hope you were able to relax and take some time to remember your babies. Take care.
"When a child loses his parent, they are called an orphan. When a spouse loses her or his partner, they are called a widow or widower. When parents lose their child, there isn’t a word to describe them." There may not be an official word, but "Forever changed," certainly rings true. Today, on National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day, thinking of us all who have been forever changed |
No comments:
Post a Comment