Tuesday, October 4, 2011

bedrest and beyond

21 weeks and 4 days.

I'm so grateful to have made it this far and hope the cerclage continues to do its job.  I cheated a bit on my bedrest this weekend. On Saturday, we went and bought 2 outfits for Eli then we ate at TGIF's for a late lunch. We went to church on Sunday, and I went with Daniel to get lunch and his haircut yesterday, also.  It felt good to get out of the house, but I'm going to take it super easy this week.

Today, I went to the restroom, and when I came back in the living room, my dog, Pancake, decided to jump up on me.  She was just really excited.  She's kind of a big dog(a lab mix), so we try to keep her from jumping on people, but Daniel still lets her play like that with him.  Daniel was so upset with her when she did that and started yelling at her.  He was worried she pushed on my stomach, but she didn't.  It's probably sending her mixed messages letting her play so rough with Daniel, so he will have to stop letting her do that.  Since I'm getting bigger and more clumsy, I don't want her accidentally knocking me over lol.

I met a girl through BBC, who sent me a message after reading my blog.  She lost two sons due to IC, also.  The first time, they thought it was something else that sent her into labor at 20 weeks, and the second time, she lost her son at 22 weeks and was diagnosed with IC.  She's pregnant again(with another boy) and due in late February! Isn't that crazy?  We both had our cerclages placed around 14 weeks, but we had different types placed.  I hate seeing stories of losses, but it's been nice chatting with someone that has went through similar experiences.  We're both really close in gestation weeks, also, so we've been able to share our concerns about the cerclages & pregnancies.  I'm hoping we both have uneventful, healthy pregnancies.

Well, I hope everyone has a good week.  Take care.

Here is a picture of the outfit we got for Elijah :)




4 comments:

  1. So happy that the cerclage is doing its job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to be able to find someone with such a similar story. Glad you two found each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that things are going well for you! And the outfit is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete