Friday, September 30, 2011

21 weeks

Today is the day that I have dreaded this entire pregnancy because that is when everything fell apart when I was pregnant with Matthew & Joshua.  Before my husband went to work earlier, he said, "So, you're 21 weeks today. Are you excited?"  I nodded and said that I was just ready for this day/evening to be over.  He said, "But you were already bleeding by this point with the other pregnancies."  I had to remind him that I bled in the morning with Matthew...didn't finally go to the hospital until around 5pm because the doctor kept blowing it off as nothing, but I didn't start bleeding with Joshua until about 5:30 that night.  With Joshua, it really came out of nowhere...no cramping or pressure beforehand...I just started bleeding.

Last night, I couldn't sleep at all, but it was more than just anxiety.  It felt like the baby was sitting on some nerve because it was just on my right side.  I kept tossing and turning to try to get him to move from that side, and finally, he did.  Talk about a relief.  I'm going to have to get a pregnancy pillow because last night was just horrible...I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I'm bigger.  It'll be worth it, though :)

Anyways, I'll be happy when this day/evening have ended, but I know we have a long way to go.  My next goal is to make it to 24 weeks then 28 weeks.  Obviously, we want to make it to full-term, but the goals give me something to look forward to and countdown to. 

Hope everyone else is doing well this week. Take care.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! Today must be nerveracking since so much went wrong with your other boys on this day. I can only hope and pray that everything will be fine for your little guy and you'll make it through today with no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say how HAPPY I am that you made it past the terrifying mark!?!?! Here's hoping and praying that little Eli gets comfortable and stays put!!! :)

    ReplyDelete