There are a few girls that I'm friends with on facebook that are due around the same time as I am, and they all seem so naive. One of them made a baby registry at 16 weeks and has set their baby shower for 32 weeks. That just seems so early to me, but maybe I'm just being cautious? I'm glad everything is going well for all of them, and I hope they don't encounter any problems at any point.
I've decided that I am going to actually buy something for our baby after we hit 21 weeks this Friday. Nothing big...maybe just an outfit...but I do want to enjoy this pregnancy and buy things for this baby. Elijah is our son no matter what happens. My husband is feeling very positive about this pregnancy and doesn't think it's too early to buy baby items or set up the nursery. The other day while we were eating lunch together, he asked me what color I thought our son's eyes would be. He has brown eyes, and I have blue/gray eyes. I thought back to Matthew and Joshua, and I really wish I knew what color their eyes were. Their eyes were still fused shut, so there was no way we could guess. I said that Eli's eyes would probably be brown since that's the dominant trait, and he agreed with a smile. I can't believe that we're at this point where we are dreaming about who he will favor and how we will act. I'm so anxious and excited about getting past this milestone on Friday.
Anyways, I hope everyone is doing okay. I know a few of you have had BFP's or ultrasounds with your rainbows lately...CONGRATULATIONS!! Hopefully, we all get to bring home our healthy rainbow babies in 2012 :)
To those TTC, good luck. I'm praying for you!
I think they are all naive personally, but I also had a baby shower with Liam at 25 weeks. My reasoning for that though was because I flew to Minnesota to see family for Christmas and thought I could get in a baby shower at the same time. Of course a week later is when Liam passed away. I am quite nervous now for when to have a baby shower this time though.
ReplyDeleteI actually just read an article the other day in a baby magazine saying that they would recommend you have a shower by I think it said 32 weeks. The reasoning it gave was because it wanted you to be prepared for if that baby is born early you have everything already or only have a few things left to get. We know all to well though that being born early doesn't mean live baby as well as 40 weeks doesn't ensure live baby. Long comment I know, but you guys have got to do what your comfortable with. Thinking of you and your little Elijah. By the way, when is your due date? I see you are about a hundred days ahead of me.
I think they are really naive but I also want to be naive again. I want to make a registry and buy an outfit even though its SO SOON! I will probably wait but I just miss that innocence.
ReplyDeleteIt is definitely so different to talk with our husbands about our babies after such a terrible loss. The husbands are less naive too, but in a different way. I'm with your hubby on this, I feel super positive about Elijah and I can't wait til you guys can look into his eyes very soon!
My due date is May 18th, although I am pretty sure that baby will be born before April ends if I have anything to say about it.
ReplyDeleteOh and you did not offend me at all about that girls baby shower:)
Thanks ladies!
ReplyDeleteBecky- I can understand having a baby shower early in that circumstance, and even my mom has said something about throwing one before I get my cerclage out at 36 weeks so that we can have everything ready just in case. I guess I'm just jealous that some girls can plan their stuff so carefree.
Jessica- I miss that innocence, too. I've seen so many cute baby things online that I want to get for Elijah, but I've been trying to hold off...then again, I feel guilty for not being optimistic, also. I guess it's one of those things we battle with as blms.
I feel positive about both your pregnancies, also. Hoping we all bring our rainbows home in 2012 :)
oh to be naive again! someone I know bought a very expensive baby item and they were still in the first trimester, first baby! At the time I was 20 some weeks along with rainbow Carter. I asked my husband, do you think she kept the reciept? It made me a little jealous and thought how dare she! I am excited to be following you as your pregnancy progresses. THanks for all your encouragement on my blog through my pregnancy. I am rooting for you and baby Elijah! xoxo
ReplyDelete