Saturday, May 19, 2012

birthday party

So, Elijah and I were invited to my friend's daughter's birthday party.  She turned two today.  I've never really been around her friends and family, but I thought it would be fun.  It was...for the most part.  There were a lot of ladies with their babies and children, and we sat around talking.  There was a pregnant lady there, and when she walked away, someone mentioned something about her still drinking and smoking while pregnant.  Another girl came to her defense on the smoking thing saying, "I smoked like one cigarette a day, and my baby turned out fine."  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! It bothers the mess out of me.  Only my friend knows about my story and my sister's story, so I just kept my mouth shut.  I wonder if I'll always feel bitter towards women like that?  Probably.  I felt myself kind of cringe as the pregnant lady went on about all the stuff she was going to buy or bought.  She's only like 3 months pregnant.  I know it's horrible, but I can't understand people being so naive.  Will I ever get over this? Probably not.  It makes me sick how people take their pregnancies and babies for granted.

On a lighter and much better note, ELIJAH ROLLED OVER TWICE YESTERDAY!!!  Daniel had just left for work, so I put Elijah on his tummy.  He rolled over to his back almost immediately.  I was kind of shocked, so I put him on his tummy again.  It took a bit longer, but he finally rolled to his back.  He hasn't done it since, though :(  I'm just glad I got to see that first moment.  It was amazing.  He lights up my world so much.  I sent Daniel a text after it happened, and he was sad that he missed it.  Hopefully, he will do it again soon for his daddy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment