Monday, May 14, 2012

A different place this year.

It really blows my mind with how different things have been for us this year, and I still pinch myself to make sure it's real.  I'm still not a fan of Mother's Day...is that weird?  Don't get me wrong.  Having Elijah here with us made Mother's Day so much more bearable this year, but I still remember how miserable it was for me last year.  This year, I got the comment, "Happy 1st Mother's Day."  I know that there were good intentions behind the comment, but I feel like I've been a mom since we found out that we were pregnant with Matthew.  He was my first son, and he really made me a mommy.  Oh well.  I hope it was gentle on my fellow babyloss moms.

On Saturday, I got to send some balloons to my boys in Heaven.  Our face2face group got together for a balloon release for our angel babies. I wanted to post a picture on here of it, but picassa is giving me trouble with uploading it. It was nice, though.  My husband had to work, but I had my sister(she's had 4 losses) and Elijah there.

Elijah is growing too quickly.  I can't believe he will be 4 months old in less than 2 weeks.  Where has the time gone?  I've been so blessed to stay at home with him every day.  My husband doesn't really plan for me to go back to work until Elijah goes to school, which is fine with me.  As paranoid as it sounds, I would rather watch Eli than let a daycare watch him.  I think the longest that I've been away from him is almost 5 hours, and that drove me crazy.  I couldn't imagine him being with someone other than family.  lol.  I guess I'll have to get over that, but for right now, I'm enjoying every moment that I can with him. I'm just soaking in all the cuddling, squeals, and giggles.  I'm very grateful for this little man and I love watching him grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment