Monday, June 4, 2012
4 months, shots, and much more.
My little man turned FOUR months old on May 27th!! He got his shots on the 30th, and he thought it was the worst thing ever. When he had his shots at 2 months, he cried a bit, but he didn't run a fever at all. This time, he ran a fever throughout the next day. We think that he's teething, so I guess it was kind of a double whammy on him.
I'm not sure if I mentioned it previously, but he has started rolling over from his tummy to his back. He still hates tummy time, but he has started scooting towards toys. He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It's hilarious to listen to him carry on as he watches that show. He squeals and babbles like crazy. I love hearing that. In the mornings, I've started waking up to him laughing and "talking" in his crib. He wakes up in such a wonderful and happy mood...totally opposite of his daddy ;) jk. It makes me so happy to see his face light up when me or Daniel walk into a room. We recently tried starting him on rice cereal. He liked it the first time, but now, he spits it out. I guess it's still a bit early. He just gets so hungry, so I thought we would try it :)
He keeps trying to sit up. It scares me when he's in his bouncer and he starts trying to sit forward. I have a feeling that we won't be using that much longer(*tear*). He likes the bumbo okay. He hates this little jumper thing that we have for him(the thing that hooks up to the ceiling...I don't know the proper name for it). He cries as soon as you set him in it. We still need to get him a walker. Our pediatrician's office frowns upon the walker, but all my nieces used it and learned to walk fairly early. Lately, his bedtime routine has been a bath then me rocking him to sleep while singing to him. I love that time together :)
I'm still paranoid...still find myself checking on Elijah while he sleeps...but I think I'm starting to relax a little bit. I know anything can happen and that 4-6 months is the main age group at risk for SIDS, but I know I'm taking every precaution that I can to prevent something like that. I couldn't imagine my life without Elijah now. He's brought so much life back into this house.
The end of this month marks 2 years since we lost Matthew. I guess that June will always remind me of my first son...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment