Wednesday, August 8, 2012

6 months- shots, sitting, crawling, and teething

Whew, I can hardly believe it's been a month since I've blogged on here.  I read other blogs from my phone every day, but I hate typing on there.  I'm finally getting a chance to sit down at the desktop as Elijah watches his FAVORITE show: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  He could watch it all day.

So, Elijah turned 6 months on July 27th.  He literally cut his first tooth the night before this on the 26th.  It wasn't bad at all.  He just woke up the next day with a little bit of tooth sticking out of his gum.  Now, he's cutting his second tooth, and the past couple of nights have consisted of waking up every hour.  He just wants to be held because he is miserable.  Despite being so tired that I need an IV of coffee, I love cuddling with him every chance that I get.

He's been sitting on his own since 5 months.  He hasn't been able to get to a sitting position on his own unless he is propped up at an angle.  He loves sitting, though. He started doing the "army crawl" a few weeks ago.  Every now and then, he will get on all fours and just stay up off his stomach, but he won't move that way. 

Oh, he has his 6 month well check up.  He is in the 50th percentile for weight and height now!  He is 26.5 inches long and 17 pounds and 11 ounces.  Um, how did he end up so big when he was sooo tiny at birth??  His head is measuring in the 85th percentile.  The pediatrician didn't seem too concerned and said that he should eventually "grow into it." lol...hopefully, it just means that he is really smart ;)

At the pediatrician's office, he experienced horrible stranger anxiety.  The nurse told my husband to put Elijah on the scale so she could weigh and measure him.  Elijah was okay with that until she went to touch him.  I'm sure the whole place could hear him screaming.  He was not okay when Daniel picked him up. I had to hold him and calm him down.  He was okay when the pediatrician finally came to our room, but then she picked him up to put him on table.  He was not okay with this as he screamed like someone was hurting him.  She said this is normal, but kind of early for his age.  It's probably because we never really around new people...just family and friends.  I don't let strangers hold him, lol.


Now that Elijah is on the move, Pancake has become his target.  Last night, he bit her.  She just sat there. Poor puppy.

Anyways, Elijah is getting fussy, so I'll end this. Here are a few photos from the 27th:

No comments:

Post a Comment