Friday, September 14, 2012

7 months= very mobile baby.


Elijah is now crawling(the correct way, lol) and standing up by pulling up on furniture.  He is ALL over the place.  He still isn't sitting up on his own yet unless he is at an angle.  If you place him sitting, he can sit up for a long time and play.  He can even get down into a crawling position when he is done playing while sitting up.  I think it's because his head is so big.  I don't know, but he is learning new things so I'm not too worried.  If you put him down, he's going to find something to get into.  Usually, he tries to escape to another room to get into something, lol.  While I miss my newborn cuddle buddy, I love seeing Elijah grow and learn new things.

I feel like the world's worst mom right now, though.  Elijah had a hangnail that I cut and tried keeping clean.  It got infected.  It started off swollen and red.  I just kept soaking it in warm water.  Elijah was in so much pain that night that he couldn't sleep.  By 4am, there was a huge blister around his nail.  I called the ped as soon as they opened, and they were able to get me in within the hour.  She prescribed him antibiotics and said to keep soaking it.  He is back to his usual self.  He slept through the night and he is now throwing his toys around.  I still feel horrible about letting that get infected, though.

It's been awhile since we've been to the cemetery to see his brothers...since July.  I feel guilty about this, but I hate dragging Elijah out there by myself.  Daniel has been working a part-time, so his schedule has been extra crazy.  I'm hoping that since he's on days now and they are starting to cut his part-time hours down that we will be able to make more trips this fall/winter to see our boys.

Elijah is wanting to play, so I'm going to stop blogging now. Take care, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment