Thursday, February 9, 2012

happy angelversary, Joshua

Yesterday marked a year since we lost Joshua, and it was a very bittersweet day for me.  I still can't believe it's been a year since we held him during his last breath.  I was able to get a good cry in during the morning while Elijah napped then I snuggled up with him until my husband got off work.  When my husband got off work, we went to the cemetery and put a balloon on Joshua's grave.

An angelversary is still hard with your rainbow, but it does make it a bit easier.  There is still some lingering bitterness and questioning.  I'm not the same person I was before my losses either.  Joshua and Matthew forever changed me, and they will always be remembered.



Happy Angelversary, Joshua. We miss you so much.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Angelversary Joshua, I know you're looking down on your mom, dad, and new baby brother with so much pride.

    I hope the day is peaceful for you Lauren, I can't imagine the feelings of bitterness that I will feel next Thursday when it's 1 year for us. Happy for a rainbow, sad for such a terrible loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy angelversary Joshua.
    Definitely not the same before as I was before losing Liam either, forever changed is right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy angelversary, Joshua!

    You're right...we are never going to be the same people as we were before our losses. Yet, I wouldn't want to be. My precious babies have changed me forever, for good. Even though there's sorrow and pain, there is beauty and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Angelversary, Joshua! While I know it doesn't take the pain away, I'm so glad that you were able to have Elijah in your arms on this day. :)

    ReplyDelete