Tuesday, February 21, 2012

this time last year

It's been awhile since I've posted, but Elijah and I have been getting acquainted :)

Things were so much different this time last year.  There were no baby cries or noises in this house.  There was no nursery or crib.  There were no plans for a baby.  We were still waiting to bury our son, Joshua.  All my thoughts were consumed by death and sadness.  Now, our lives are full of kisses for Eli, baby talk, diapers, bottles, laundry, pictures, burp cloths, and doctor's appointments.  It's crazy to think of how miserable February was to me last year compared to how amazing it has been this year.  Elijah is such a blessing to us.


Anyways, here's a new picture.  I can't believe he will be 4 weeks old this Friday



I need to change a few things about this blog..."our empty cradle" doesn't seem appropriate anymore.  Does anyone know if you change the domain name if you'll lose your followers? I guess I could do the research and find out.  I want it to reflect our family now...two sons in Heaven and one son here with us.

3 comments:

  1. You can change your domain name since you're connected through Blogger and nothing else will change.

    Elijah is so cute! I love the face that he's making. I'm glad that February won't be so hard for you anymore as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you guys. Eli is so adorable and glad he was able to bring some light back into your guys life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is just precious! It's amazing how fast time is flying, Carter will be 2 weeks on Friday... can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete