Tuesday, March 6, 2012

one month and more.

So, I'm behind on updating this thing.  Elijah will be 6 weeks on Friday...I can hardly believe that.  Yesterday, we went shopping for Easter stuff to put on the boys' graves.  I found these two garden stones that each had a dragonfly on them.  There were only two like that, so I immediately bought them for the boys' graves.

Elijah went on his first little trip this weekend.  It was fun, but exhausting.  He was held so much that now he cries if he's put down unless he's already asleep.  He even cries when I try to leave him in his swing or bouncer for a minute.  Today, I decided to try letting him just cry, but his crying turned into screaming.  I can't stand hearing him like that.  I have to be able to do chores and stuff around the house, and I can't do that while holding him.  I guess we'll figure it out...

I had a comment made to me that losing Matthew and Joshua were somehow apart of God's plan.  I know the person meant well, but I would appreciate not hearing that.  It doesn't make me feel better.  It doesn't make me miss them less.  And to be honest, it brings out a little bitterness.  Just because I have Elijah now, doesn't mean that I'm not still grieving my boys and hurting over what happened.  Nothing replaces Matthew and Joshua...wish people could understand that.

Anyways, sorry for the little rant.  Here's a picture of my boy on the day he turned ONE MONTH :)


2/27/2012

3 comments:

  1. I don't like those comments either. People don't realize that, to us, each and every one of our babies was meant to be here with us and even though their short lives were a blessing to us, their deaths are still tragic and there will always be a sense of loss.

    PS. Elijah is a sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so beautiful! I'm so happy for you. Could you maybe carry him in one of those baby slings while you do chores? I've never worn one so I have no idea if my suggestion is crazy or good LOL.

    It's so unfortunate when people feel the need to put their own beliefs and thoughts on others when they just don't understand. Some people just have no idea that what they are saying is hurtful. I went through that a ton with my losses and am still bitter about some of the comments. I'm sorry you're still having to deal with comments like that. I always try to remind myself that people don't mean to be malicious, they just don't have a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated hearing its part of god's plan from day 1 and still hate hearing it also. I just don't get what those people are thinking. Do they really think that saying that to us will makes us feel better, and why our babies and not there's or there sister or cousins, or best friends. Ugh!

    What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete