Sunday, July 31, 2011

2 weeks until surgery...

We finally had an appointment this Friday at 12 weeks.  The baby measured on track and his/her heartrate was 157 bpm.  His/her NT measurement was 1.9mm, which the doctor said was normal.  I was a little disappointed because the normal ultrasound tech was not in there, and she usually lets me see the baby a little longer.   She would've taken a guess at the gender for me, too, lol.  Oh well.  We will find out soon enough :)  The doctor said the baby looked great, so he said he would perform the cerclage after August 15th.  The scheduler had a hard time reaching someone in the hospital to set it up(it was close to 5 on a Friday, so I'm sure they were trying to get out of there, lol), but she said it would definitely be performed either the 17th or the 18th.  Those are the days that my husband has off of work that week.  She said she would give me a call Monday with the definite time and date.  My doctor is seeing me the 15th to go over everything, though.  I can't believe that we're so close to getting this surgery; I'm getting so nervous about it.

We decided to take a random trip to see some of Daniel's family last night(Daniel's birthday :)).  They only live a couple of hours away, but I'm sure we won't be able to travel once I get the cerclage.  They live out in a rural area, so if something happened, it would be crazy getting to a hospital.  We had a lot of fun, though.  I can't even express how encouraging and supportive they have been for us over the past year.  Same with our immediate families.  I don't think I would've made it without everyone's help and support.



Daniel's Aunt Lea-Ann sent him a check for his birthday with a verse on it that my husband really liked:
"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."- 1 Samuel 1:27

I love that story(read it if you get a chance).  It gives us hope.

Anyways, I'm worn out from this weekend("morning" sickness and long car rides do NOT mix well, lol.)  I need sleep.  Take care, everyone.

Here's the ultrasound:

He/she was covering their cute face with their little hands then bouncing everywhere. lol. Silly baby.

2 comments:

  1. Yay to a great appointment and great weekend!!! I'm so glad things are going well! That sweet baby is so cute in his/her picture. :) I hope the week ahead goes well with minimal morning sickness. :)

    By the way, I LOVE that Bible verse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww silly baby!! Super cute and you're getting SO close to the cerclage. I'm so glad they're taking great care of you + baby! :)

    ReplyDelete