Monday, July 11, 2011

9 weeks and faces of loss pen pals...

I don't think I wished everyone a Happy 4th of July, but I hope it went well for everyone.  I got to see my little brother who is in basic training right now.  They were doing fireworks on base so the soldiers got to enjoy the evening mingling there. We got to watch the fireworks with him.  It was cool, but it was so weird hearing him talk about shooting machine guns and grenade launchers, lol.  We're pretty close. . . he stayed up all night texting me the couple of nights I was in the hospital with Joshua.  Anyways, I'm proud of him and really enjoyed seeing him. 12 days until his 36 hour pass, which will be great.

I've had some severe morning sickness, especially this week.  The Zofran hasn't been a match for it!  I weighed 90 pounds this morning so I've lost some weight since my last appointment :(  I don't really know what to do but keep trying to eat and keep fluids down.  Hopefully, it'll tamper off a bit.  With Joshua, it got much better once I hit about 17 or 18 weeks...so fingers crossed. 

I wish I could feel this baby move, but I'm only 9 weeks.  I just need the reassurance.  I talked Daniel into getting a fetal heart doppler, but we're going to have to save for it because our power bill broke us(This Georgia heat is serious, lol). I just want to bond with this baby so badly. . . feel this baby's kicks and movements. . . and hear this baby's heartbeat. . . it was the best part of being pregnant to me.

I just signed up for Voices of Loss, which is a pen pal program through Faces of Loss.  Looking forward to being able to get paired up with someone and write about our stories to each other.  I think it'll be neat. Here's the link to it if you're interested:

Voices of Loss

I'm going to try to catch up and leave some comments on your blogs; I've been slacking on that...sorry : /  I'm thinking about you all, though.  Good luck to those in the 2 week wait.  Hope you are all pregnant with your rainbow babies soon.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you all! Take care.

4 comments:

  1. I agree! Feeling the baby kick and hearing its heartbeat is the best! Hopefully you will get to hear the heartbeat soon!
    I want a doppler too, although I'm afraid it might do my harm than good in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 weeks!? Girl, it seems to be flying by! You'll have to tell me all about the cerclage procedure so I know what I'm in for whenever I get pg lol :)

    Hopefully you'll start feeling those flutters within the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for 9 weeks. I hope that the weeks pass quickly for you until you can feel your little one.
    So glad to finally be able to leave comments again. I was getting so frustrated with blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great that you got to see your brother! I heard the on-post fireworks were great. We didn't end up making it out to see any.

    That's super exciting about getting a doppler! I feel you on that dang power bill. Oh my gosh, my heart about fell out when I saw our bill this last month...darn this heat! :)

    I hope and pray that your m/s eases up soon! I pretty much lived on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and mac 'n cheese during those first few months. Hope you find something that stays down. :)

    ReplyDelete