Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A murderer was acquitted today.

I don't know how many of you have watched or followed the Casey Anthony trial, but I've pretty much been glued to the t.v. watching the court proceedings since they started in May.  For those who don't know what happened, Casey Anthony's mom called police in July of 2008 to report that her granddaughter had been missing for 31 days.  Casey Anthony told everyone that the "nanny" had kidnapped Caylee, and she had been looking for them the entire 31 days.  The investigators found out that she made up the nanny.  Casey continued to lie to investigators, and finally, she was arrested on 4 counts of giving false information to law enforcement officers.  On December 11, 2008, Caylee's remains were discovered thrown in a swamp near the Anthony home.  There was a trash bag and laundry bag(from the Anthony home) there, and tape was near the baby's mouth.   There were 84 chloroform searches on the Anthony computer(nobody else was home except Casey to make those searches), and there were chloroform levels found in the trunk.  It was also discovered that during the 31 days when she was supposedly "frantically searching" for her daughter that she was living it up with her boyfriend...going to clubs...and she even had time to get a tattoo that said the Bella Vita (The Beautiful Life).

I'm sorry, but if someone kidnapped my daughter, I would NOT be out partying or getting tattoos.  I would be tearing the town apart to find her.  The defense tried to say it was an accidental drowning.  Why in the world would they try to cover up an accidental drowning and make it look like murder??  That makes NO sense.

I was stunned when the verdict for 1st degree murder came back *not guilty*.  The same with aggravated child abuse and manslaughter.  It just sends a signal out to society that if you lie enough to put off a real search that you can get away with murdering someone.  Ah, so frustrating.

In my opinion, there was no justice for that sweet baby girl, and a murderer will be released into society soon.

And ultimately, I don't think it's fair that us BLM's grieve over our babies who were taken away too soon while someone like her was able to have a healthy baby.  That sounds horrible...oh well.

RIP CAYLEE MARIE ANTHONY

2 comments:

  1. It's so infuriating. That little baby did not get mercy but somehow all those jurors decided to let that psycho liar "mother" walk free. Unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that's a bunch of crap that she wasn't found guilty.

    ReplyDelete