Friday, August 19, 2011

cerclage recovery.

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts as we went into surgery yesterday.  The surgery went well.  I think I had a bad reaction to the anesthesia, though.  They gave me Zofran, but it didn't help.  I woke up from surgery, threw up, threw up again, threw up on the way home, threw up when we got home, and threw up the only food I tried yesterday: ice cream.  I'm feeling better this morning, though.  I've been able to keep some fluids and a couple of pieces of hard candy down this morning.  I'm going to try soup for lunch.  I did have some bleeding & cramping for the first few hours after surgery, but it wore off.  I don't care about the vomiting, pain, or bleeding...as long as this cerclage helps us bring home a healthy baby, I would endure this the whole time if I had to.  That probably sounds cliche.

So, bedrest has officially started for me.  Right now, it's not so bad, but I know I'll be bored when my husband goes back to work tomorrow.  I guess I'll have to start reading more to occupy my time.

Anyways, just wanted to give a little update.  Take care, everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. so happy to hear everything went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The continuous throwing up doesn't sound like much fun but I'm so happy that you and the baby are good!

    ReplyDelete