My doctor wanted to see me a week after my cerclage to answer any questions I had and run some bloodwork. He is very adamant about NOT doing cervical length checks :( He thinks they can introduce infection. I understand that, and trust me, infection is one of my biggest concerns, but it's going to kill me not knowing for sure if the cerclage is holding up. I guess I'll have to trust it because I don't want to risk infection again this time.
They took some bloodwork today that will show if I have any infection from the surgery, so hopefully all that comes back good. I lost a pound and am back down to 94.5 pounds :( I'm blaming that regression on the bout of sickness I had the day of the surgery.
Tomorrow is my brother's graduation from basic and my gender determination ultrasound. I don't feel like waiting to find out the gender, because when I waited with Matthew, I only knew for a week before I lost him. I feel like I can bond more by placing a name to the kicks, movements, and ultrasound pics. I feel like we're having another boy because this pregnancy has been identical to my other pregnancies, but that who knows. I'm excited to find out, though :)
Anyways, I'm about to eat lunch. Take care, everyone!
Holy girl you are tiny, 94lbs.
ReplyDeleteThat's exciting that you can already find out the sex. I wonder how accurate that is compared to waiting until later. Anyway hope the bloodwork comes back good.
I hope everything comes back good for you. So exciting to find what you are having so soon. We are going to wait until September 30th, I will be 21 weeks. I am hoping though that when the doctor does my cervical check next week he can try and see, we will see.
ReplyDeleteHoping things continue to go well for you! Can't wait to hear what you find out (that is of course if you decide to share :)
ReplyDelete