Friday, June 24, 2011

rainbow.

We had our first appointment today, and when the ultrasound tech called me back, she gave me a huge hug. She was the same ultrasound tech that I had with my other pregnancies; she was the same one that was used for my sister's rainbow baby, too. She knows both of our stories well and sympathizes because she went through a loss of her own.

Anyways, she measured the baby at 6 weeks and 6 days. He/she has a heartbeat at 141 bpm. I was so relieved to see that little flicker.

The new doctor was SO nice and competent. He automatically said we were doing an elective cerclage and weekly p17 shots starting at 16 weeks. I asked him what type of cerclage he would perform and impressed him with my knowledge of the stitches, lol. He's doing a Shirodkar, which is my favorite out of the TVC's.

I weighed 92 pounds so he prescribed me some Zofran for my nausea. I can't afford to lose anymore weight with this pregnancy I guess.

Well, here's the little one. I have a face2face meeting tomorrow, so I'm going to head to bed. Take care, everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! So happy for you Lauren! Love to see that little heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting and I am glad you like your new Dr.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! It was great seeing you today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my last two pregnancies, it was always such a relief every time I saw my babes on the screen... I can't imagine what that will feel like after a loss! So happy for you today! :)

    ReplyDelete