I just found out that my cousin is pregnant; they've been trying for over 7 years with no success. She finally got pregnant for the first time a couple of months ago, but had a chemical pregnancy. I tried to reach out to her because even though our stories are different, losing a baby is tough no matter when it happens. So, we just found out that we're due within a couple of weeks of each other. Of course, I don't know if I'll make it that far along, but at this point, I'll be grateful just to make it to 30 weeks(doesn't that sound horrible??). I just thought it was crazy that we were due around the same time. I really feel like these miracles are going to stick. I'm so excited for her; I almost cried when I saw the u/s picture of her little one. I can't imagine their excitement and anxiety of finally getting pregnant after 7 years.
We talked about how we're feeling so far, and I told her that I've been handling a bad case of "morning sickness." It's definitely not as bad as it was with Matthew or Joshua because I can keep some things down right now. Really, the morning sickness is comforting, though. It's so normal for me to have it when I'm pregnant that I would wonder if something was wrong if I didn't have it. Sounds weird, right? She's further along at 9 weeks, but hasn't had any morning sickness, which is great.
So, I'm praying for them and their little one. I'm praying for all of you on here, also. I know that a lot of you are in the TTC journey or just about to start it. I'm wishing you all so much luck and hope that we all get our healthy rainbow babies soon!
Wow 7 years, I can't imagine. I was mad it took me over 2 1/2 to get Liam, of course things didn't exactly end well.
ReplyDeletePraying everything will work out for her and she has a very uneventful pregnancy. Same to you also and all the others ttc right now.