Thursday, January 26, 2012

iugr and low afi

Well, I had a growth ultrasound and NST today.  Elijah is moving and all, but he's measuring about 4 weeks behind and my fluid is on the low side.  My doctor said it's probably nothing, but wants to be on the safe side since I do have Lupus.  So, Monday, I'll have my fluid checked again, and if it's any lower, he will probably induce.  If it's the same/better, I'll be induced next Friday due to low AFI and IUGR. I kind of wish he would've induced today so that I wouldn't spend the weekend worrying about Elijah and his every movement.

My doctor's nurse doesn't seem to think I'll make it to next Friday because I'm 3 to 4 cm dilated right now.  Who knows, though.


I'm just ready to hold my baby and see that he's healthy/okay...

3 comments:

  1. That must be so frustrating! Maybe you'll go into labor tonight and he'll be here and you wont have to worry all weekend... thats what I'm hoping for at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update... Here's to hoping for labour soon too! You've waited long enough!! What are they estimating his weight to be???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jessica and Sherri. Sherri, he is measuring 5.5 pounds, so that means he's only gained half a pound in the past 4 weeks by their estimate. He's not super small, but the doctor's just worried that the placenta is working like it should now.

    I've had a few contractions tonight...what a tease, lol.

    ReplyDelete