Sunday, January 29, 2012

Matthew and Joshua's little brother, Elijah, is here!

So, I'm just now getting a chance to update this blog from my husband's laptop.  After a very disappointing appointment on Thursday, I started having very strong contractions at 4am on Friday morning.  Well, I've had them before so I tried to ignore them, but by 6am, they were 6 to 7 minutes apart...and intense.  We waited around until 12:30pm to head to Labor and Delivery because we weren't sure if it was the "real thing."  The nurse clocked me in at contractions every 3 to 4 minutes and dilated to about 5cm.  By the time they got me set up in labor and delivery, I was 6 to 7 centimeters dilated and like 95% effaced.  It was crazy.  When I finally made it to 9cm, my cervix became stubborn and stayed that way.  Doctor decided to break my water and start pitocin, which I thought was kind of rash for being so close, but oh well.  Elijah Daniel Phillips came screaming into this world at 7:09pm on January 27, 2012.  It was seriously the best sound I've ever heard as cliche as that might sound.  I just balled my eyes out as he peed on the nurse and screamed for almost an hour of their medical torture(shots, bath, etc, lol).  I just couldn't believe that he's finally here with no complications.  They predicted him to be just a bit over 5 pounds, but he was 6 pounds and 7 ounces(woo hoo).  He's healthy, and that's all I could ask for.  I'm still mourning deeply for his brothers, but I am so joyful and grateful for this little guy.  Here's a picture that my friend and a fellow BLM took...many more to come.  Thank you guys for all the encouragement along the way. I'm still rooting for all those expecting their rainbows or trying to conceive them. Lots of prayers your way.
Our Rainbow Baby: Elijah Daniel Phillips

9 comments:

  1. He is amazing.... Congrats. It must be bittersweet... but ENJOY every moment.. you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that head of hair!! He is so handsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so beautiful and so much hair!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's gorgeous! So happy for you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So handsome!!! Congratulations to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm seriously teary eyed right now!!!
    I suffer from infertility, despite the fact that I have a living breathing 4 year old. We were SO glad to be able to finally conceive this baby to give him a sibling.

    I can't even imagine getting pregnant, only to be disappointed in the end. Its disappointing enough when the doctor tells you insemination didn't work. There just are no words!

    Congratulations momma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you. I started crying as I was reading your post. Congratulations on your beautiful son.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's beautiful and brought tears to my eyes! Thanks for the comment on my blog and I'm so happy I decided to wander over here and see if he had arrived yet! SO happy you are finally here!

    ReplyDelete