Wednesday, January 11, 2012

removal pushed to Friday

My doctor decided to wait until 36 weeks(Friday) to remove the cerclage.  I was a little disappointed because my husband was actually off work and able to be there Monday, but he's going to try and get Friday off work so he can be there with me.  The doctor tried to reassure me that there should be nothing to it and that it should be essentially painless. Ha, that's definitely not what I've read online from other IC mothers.  Also, I tested positive for GBS, which worries me a bit since I had an infection(chorio) with both Matthew and Joshua, but the doctor said it really wasn't a big deal.  I'll just have to get antibiotics during labor.  I guess we will see what happens Friday for us.  I don't think I'll go into labor immediately or anything, but it's surreal to think that it can happen anytime between Friday and his due date in February.  I'm holding my breath until the moment that he is here and safely in our arms.

Other than that, we've been working on the nursery.  Daniel made fun of me for "nesting" so much, but he's just as bad as I am, lol.  He keeps going into the room and saying "we should try this..." or moving things around.   Pancake(our oversized pup) knows that something is going on.  She keeps running to the nursery and sniffing all the new stuff then she'll look at us like "what's going on here?" lol.  Poor puppy.  She's not going to know what to think of a little baby around here stealing all the attention.

Oh, and I didn't realize how emotional it would be to have Elijah's due date around the same time as Joshua's angelversary(February 8th).  I'm already having mixed emotions about this...

No comments:

Post a Comment