Thursday, November 3, 2011

appointment update

So, I had my glucose test today.  The drink itself wasn't that bad, but I did start feeling nauseous once I signed in at the doctor's office.  I'm still feeling pretty nauseous now.  Elijah was CRAZY active after the drink...lol.  They took about 4 vials of blood, but when the doctor came in to talk to me, he said they had to send them off to labcorp.  I'm not too sure what that means.  I inquired about the braxton hicks contractions, and he kind of blew them off as nothing.  Have I mentioned that I'm not a fan of that doctor(my sister's former OB)? I can't wait to see my actual OB in two weeks.

I did gain 2 pounds in a little over 2 weeks, so that's good :) They gave me the Rhogam shot, also.  It's what they give to you when you're RH negative(some of you have probably had it).  I'm glad to have all this stuff out of the way, though.  At my next appointment, I think he's going to refer me to the MFM for nonstress tests because I have Lupus.  I have no qualm with that because it means I'll get to see my little Eli more :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm RhNeg as well and they gave me that annoying shot-in-the-butt too! Ugh, I know I have to get 2 more too (if I'm lucky enough to get that far along...)

    Glad to hear you got to feel little Elijah being active! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not Rh Negative but I just had to comment about that because I find it interesting that both you and Jessica are. I had first heard of Rh Neg because my husbands grandma, whom I love, is also Rh Neg and she also lost a baby many many years ago. She told me that Dr.'s told her that because she is Rh Neg that she will most likely never be able to have kids. She ended up with 4 more living ones after that, but I was just wondering if now they do that shot and also do the cerclage because of the Rh Neg or is the incompetent cervix completely separate issue that you both have? Hope I didn't lose you here on this random comment.

    ReplyDelete