Hope everyone had a fun & safe Halloween!
To me, it indicates the beginning of the big holiday season...Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Years. While I'm hoping all those holidays will distract me from anxiously counting down every second of this pregnancy, I'm still kind of dreading them. I miss my boys, and the holidays seem to make their absence even more apparent.
Over the weekend, I decided to make a baby registry with the help of my mom, my sister, and my husband. It was fun and exciting for me. My mom and my sister are throwing a baby shower on December 10th. I'll only be 31 weeks at the time, but we're trying to get everything done before Christmas and my cerclage removal at the beginning of January.
My husband wants to travel to his Mimi's for Thanksgiving, but it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive. It would suck to go into labor driving to/from there or even at their house. I've read that it doesn't take long for a cerclage to lacerate your cervix when you're in labor...yikes. Plus, at that point, I'll only be 29 weeks and would need a c-section & an awesome NICU if something happened. I guess I'll ask the OB who is seeing me tomorrow what he thinks. He was actually my sister's OB and did her cerclage. I didn't want him as a primary OB because he was kind of a jerk, but I won't see my regular OB until the week before Thanksgiving. Maybe they can do a cervical length check or FFN test to see where we stand, even though nothing is guaranteed. I'm taking the glucose test for the first time ever tomorrow. It's kind of a milestone for me(weird, huh?). I'll probably write tomorrow about it and the results.
I hope everyone is doing well. Take care!
Yikes about the cerclage lacerating your cervix. That is a pretty big fear of mine, somehow being in labor somewhere without a hospital nearby. I know that is SUPER unlikely though!
ReplyDeleteGlucose test is SO a milestone for me too, as well as gender ultrasound! You found out the gender really early with Elijah, was it at a cervical length check or just an early anatomy scan? I only ask because I have my 1st cervical check this friday (at 15w1d) and I want to ask the tech if she can tell the gender :)
I am dreading the holidays also. I kind of wish I could just go somewhere to get away from the pain but don't think it quite works that way.
ReplyDeleteYikes is right on the lacerating your cervix, scary! I would also be a little hesitant though about going for a longer car ride without a proper hospital/NICU nearby. You want the best care for that baby if something happens, its understandable, but crossing my fingers that nothing will go wrong.
Glad you enjoyed putting together your registry for Elijah:)