Friday, December 16, 2011
Push back cerclage removal? I think not.
My nurse came to give me my progesterone shot yesterday(Thursday), and I happily mentioned that I'm getting my cerclage removed in 4 weeks. She gave me a funny look and said she would push for them to remove it at 37 weeks instead of 36 because she's known ladies to go into labor the very day of their cerclage removals. Honestly, if he wants to come at 36 weeks, I'm okay with that. I've met too many women who have had stillbirths at 36 weeks or later, and that scares me more than him being a little early. I didn't say anything else to her about it, but I'm definitely not asking them to wait to take the cerclage out. That will probably sound bad to some people, but I know many people(mostly blm's) understand my reasoning...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lauren, to me your pregnancy is flying by! I'm so happy for you! I still have you in my prayers <3
ReplyDeleteAgreed! My dr. just told me she would like to try to push for 39 weeks for my c-section and I freaked out. 39, I was told never to go past 38 or go into labor, and like you I would rather have my baby come a little early than risk the stillbirth. So completely understand your reasoning.
ReplyDeleteI understand completely! Last night I was planning in my head how I was going to approach the topic of inducing at 37 weeks to my doctor. I know she wont let me but I REALLY want the baby out of there as soon as she is term. Does not sound bad at all. There are soo many horror stories and as a BLM we have a secret fear that everything bad will happen to us. I will certainly be pushing to get my cerclage out at 36 weeks.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! I'm so glad I'm not alone on this.
ReplyDeleteJenna was born at 35 and a half weeks, and was perfectly FINE.... we had done the steroid shots as I had started seeping fluid around 34 wks.... but like I said, no issues, and we were out of the hospital and home the second day. She weighed 5lbs 5ozs, but she didn't need any oxygen or extra help. Hope this is reassuring!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sherri! It helps seeing so many positive outcomes at that gestation and even earlier.
ReplyDelete