Wednesday, May 4, 2011

dates.

Mother's Day marks three months since we lost Joshua.  Last year, I was pregnant with Matthew and talking about how I'd be celebrating Mother's Day with him the next year.  Wrong.  I don't really mind Mother's Day, but it'll probably be a little rough.

It seems so weird that I cling to dates like this.  Months, due dates, real birthdays, random memories, etc.  That's all that I really have left of my boys, though.  Dates, memories, ultrasounds, and pictures. I'm sure you all understand.  I find myself thinking about how many weeks pregnant I should be with Joshua right now(33 weeks).  Another BLM, Becky, posted about wondering what it feels like to be that far along(7, 8, 9 months)...to go fullterm.  I constantly wonder about that myself.  I can't even be around someone that far along right now.  It just makes me bitter...horrible, right?

I know that "dates" shouldn't be the focal point of my life, but as of now, they are all that I have.

4 comments:

  1. You're not horrible for not wanting to be around pregnant women! I still haven't seen my friends baby because she's three weeks younger than Kristen should have been! And even though I shouldn't be preggo anymore, I still have a hard time with women who are pregnant, especially the women who are around 22 wks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such a hard time around pregnant women too, I'm happy for them but it's a reminder what I don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love it when I am walking behind a women, who from the back doesn't appear pregnant, but then she turns and you get to see her huge baby belly-grrrr
    Thinking of you and your boys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone! @sherri, I haven't even seen my sister-in-law's baby. He was born a few weeks after I lost Joshua. @ Jessica, it is definitely a reminder... @Becky, Oh yeah, I love that, too! Hopefully, it'll get easier to see that...

    ReplyDelete