Sunday, May 1, 2011

March for Babies :)

my niece drew this while waiting on the walk to start...it consists of the first letters of my boys' names: Joshua and Matthew
Yesterday, I participated in the March for Babies walk in my area; it was great!  Our team name was J & M Phillips(I'm not that creative, lol).  Our team only raised about $440, but since we only started raising money in the beginning of March, I think we did good.  The team consisted of me, my husband, my sister(who has lost twin boys @ 20 weeks and a baby girl @ 25 weeks), my older brother and his daughters, Brianne(age 8...who was born at 29 weeks and stayed in the NICU a bit), Shelby(age 7) and Olivia(age 4),  a fellow BLM that I met through face2face, and her sister.  A few of my "friends" were supposed to go, but bailed last minute.  That's okay because we had an awesome team anyways :) I know that we didn't raise that much or have a whole lot of people walking with in our group, but hopefully, it'll be helpful.

By the way, it's International Babyloss Mother's Day, and even though our angels are Heaven, we are still mothers.  I just wanted you all to know that you are all beautiful mothers! Here's the facebook page if you want to learn more about the day: International Babyloss Mother's Day

Here are some pictures from the March for Babies walk:
My sister and me
my husband and me
My nieces: Shelby, Olivia, and Brianne :)
My sister's shirt
I made these shirts for my sister and myself.

My sister, nieces, and brother
part of our team :)
fellow BLM, Crystal, walking for Asher


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the walk went well and was with people who love you, Joshua, and Matthew.
    I love the shirts, I still need to figure out what I am going to put on my shirts for my walk for Team Liam AK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shirts too! You should be proud for walking for such a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great cause. Love the shirts.

    Thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete