I hope all you BLM's had a gentle Mother's Day. You and your angels were all in my thoughts. My mother's day was interesting. We stayed the night with my husband's Mimi and Poppy on Saturday then went to church with them on Sunday. Well, the service was focused on mothers, and as you can understand, it was hard on me. Their praise team had a pregnant person on it, and since I'm so short, her and one other guy were the only people from the stage in my view. I pretty much stared at her the whole time. She's due this month so her due date is about a month before Joshua's real due date. Towards the end of the service, the pastor called mothers with troubles up front. I went to the restroom during this time, and when I came back, Daniel's aunt told me that he called for couples trying to have a baby while I was gone and asked if they could pray for us. I said yes, and she took my hand as we walked up to the front. I can't remember what she said verbatim, but she said something about needing healing. I saw her choke up so that made me start crying. The pastor knew of our story already because they prayed for us while we were in the hospital with Joshua so he conveyed our story to the church. Before I knew it, a sworm of ladies started coming up to me, praying for me, and crying with me.. You wouldn't believe how many times I heard, "I've been there before and now I have a healthy child/children." The huge pregnant lady was one of the girls who came up to me and basically said she didn't know my pain exactly, but she had two losses, also. She was very sweet, and of course, it makes you more hopeful to see someone get this far after prior losses. So, for me, it was emotional...but I feel like it helped me? It's hard to explain...
His aunt's mother-in-law gave me a book of poems she wrote, and the first poem was dedicated to her first son that passed at 15 months. It was very sweet of her, and I can't even imagine what she went through.
Oh, and I saw Daniel's nephew for the first time up close yesterday. That's a big milestone for me. He was born a few weeks after we lost Joshua, and I just couldn't bring myself to be around him. I think it's because during those weeks when we were around his sister, she kept complaining about still being pregnant. All I could think was, "Really?!? I would've given
anything to go full-term with my sons!" Anyways, we happened to visit his mom at the same time his sister was dropping off her daughter with his parents(her daughter has always lived with his parents...she'll be 2 in November). I don't know why boy babies are harder to be around, but they are. It's getting a little bit easier, though.
Here are some random pictures from this weekend... I took a few of the tornado damage in Georgia, also:
 |
| This is their new puppy, Levi. Daniel wanted to trade Pancake for him, lol. |
 |
| 6 1/2 months old and almost as big as me! |
 |
| giving Daniel the "sad face" |
Your church sounds really nice and supportive. It's crazy how many women have had losses. I'm glad to hear things are getting a little bit easier.
ReplyDeleteThanks. It was actually my husband's family's church; they live in a different city than us. I've only been twice, but they have always been nice to us. Hope things get a little bit easier for you...
ReplyDeleteI would have been bawling my eyes out at church also, but that was nice of everyone to talk to you about their losses and pray for you.
ReplyDeleteI would've given anything to go fullterm with Liam also, some people just don't know how good they have it until it all gets taken away.
Scary about the tornado damage
Thinking of you and your boys always...
Oh, I did bawl my eyes out at church, lol. It's crazy because I swear I used to never cry, but now I cry all the time. Thinking of you and Liam also
ReplyDelete