I'd like to start off with how grateful I am for such an understanding and caring husband. He puts up with so much.
The other day, I regressed a little bit in my grief. I broke down in tears...out of nowhere. My husband didn't freak out or anything; he just held me. I feel bad because I know he got me a puppy to distract me and cheer me up, but I'm still having some rough days and nights, especially lately. I don't remember it taking me so long to feel "normal" again after losing Matthew. Maybe it's just all the emotions that have built up since then coming out now.
My husband's a police officer so he spends 6 days on(like 9 hour shifts and they're in the evening) and 3 days off. I think part of this overly emotional state may be due to the fact that we haven't been spending that much time together the last 5 days. I miss him :( I know that when I'm with him that he gets it. I don't have to fake a smile or pretend. Hopefully, I'll feel a little better after spending some time with him during his time off . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment