Sunday, March 20, 2011

the "not trying, but not trying to prevent approach." TMI(you have been warned)

When Daniel and I got pregnant with Joshua, we actually talked about trying again. He seemed really excited for me to go get a "pee stick"(as he likes to call it) at the end of the month.  We waited two months to do the whole "not trying(charting) but not trying to prevent approach" just like we were told to do, though . . .

Well, we've started that "approach" again last week, but it was one of those unsaid things.  He just asked me, "Do we have to use a condom?" I said, "That's up to you."  Personally, I'm all up for "baby dancing," but I thought he wanted to wait awhile.  And still, we haven't really discussed it, but we're still not using any form of protection or birth control.  If you go by my last cycle, I probably already ovulated, but if you go by my prepregnancy cycles, I will within the next few days.

I'm guessing most people would think it's pretty stupid to get pregnant before your six week postpartum appointment, but most people don't understand the emptiness after losses.  I'm curious to see how my postpartum appointment will go this Thursday.  She's going to ask about birth control, and by then, it might be too late.  Of course, it'll be too early to take a test, though . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment