Friday, March 25, 2011

Marley?

If you've seen the movie Marley and Me, you'll understand the comparison of Pancake and Marley, especially after I tell my latest story.  For those who don't know, Pancake is my lab mix that Daniel bought me to distract me from wanting to have a baby(epic fail); she's about 5 months old.  Our landlord gave her to us, and right now, they're fixing the fence so she'll have a backyard to run around in.

Daniel's first day/night off work was March 23rd.  We went to the park and played with Pancake so she could expend some of her abundant energy.  It seemed to work. . .


Later that night, I was sitting on the couch and playing on Daniel's laptop.  Daniel was sitting in a chair playing Call of Duty(boys and their games).  Pancake was playing with a toy on the floor.  I had to run to the restroom real quick so I left the laptop on the couch and went to the back of the house where our restroom is located.  When I came back to the room, Daniel was yelling at Pancake about chewing on his laptop.  Somehow, in the quick timeframe, she chewed some of the keys off of the laptop.




Daniel wasn't very happy with Pancake that night.  Oh, then the next morning, we woke up to the garbage bag being torn to bits in her kennel.  Apparently, we left the trashcan too close to the kennel.

Daniel calls her the dog from h*ll, but she's still just a puppy, lol.  I swear she reminds me of Marley, though.

Anyways, my 6 week postpartum appointment was canceled this week because my midwife's schedule was busy and messed up.  So, I'm seeing her at 8 weeks instead.  I wish I could skip it all together.  I don't want to be in a waiting room with pregnant people, and I don't want to talk to her at all. . .not after the the way she was when I lost Joshua.  Tomorrow, the face-2-face group for our area is meeting for coffee(I'm in desperate need of some caffeine).  I'm looking forward to the meeting and being around some people that understand. . .

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, hadn't even thought of this song! Wow, can I say watershed!!!! Hoping your postpartum isn't too bad (mine really sucked) And glad to hear you can attend a face-2-face, I've met another Mama here through that website, but haven't actually met her in person.
    Your puppy is too cute, and they're so hard at that stage! Definitely a Marley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... postpartum appt I meant....

    ReplyDelete