In two hours, my husband and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary. We're celebrating it when he gets off work in couple of hours since he has to work tomorrow afternoon/night, also. They say that your first year is normally your toughest year. That's true, but not because we're fighting over financial or misc. things. We've endured the loss of both of our sons in just this year. Our first and only children. My husband has truly been my rock through all of this, though.
He took care of me during the long months of "morning" sickness I endured with both pregnancies. (Have I mentioned that I'm still down 13 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight with Joshua? lol) In this time, he held my hair back when I was sick to my stomach, made sure I took my medicine, took over chores, and just took care of me. When I was in labor, he held my hand and talked me through it all. He handled all the paperwork for the burials of both boys. Since it all, he has been my shoulder to cry on(as cliche as that might sound). He even bought a distraction puppy for me, lol.
He's just a good man in general. I never go a day without hearing "I love you" or getting a compliment. He would do anything to make me happy, and I keep wondering "How did I get so lucky to have such a wonderful, caring, and understanding husband?"
I look forward to the years to come. I can't wait until we can add more to our family(and give our angels some siblings on Earth). I know that he is going to make a wonderful father one day. And I can't wait to grow old with him :)
Sorry for the mushiness. Just grateful for the blessing I have. . .


Happy Anniversary to you both!((hugs))
ReplyDelete