Thursday, April 14, 2011

better day :)

The dreaded postpartum appointment wasn't that bad :)  My midwife had them pull me back into a different area to wait as soon as I signed in so I wouldn't be stuck in the waiting room with all the pregnant women.  So, everyone knew that I lost a baby, and I wasn't asked a million times, "How's the baby?"  (That happened with Matthew).

Her demeanor was completely different from the last time I spoke with her.  When I last spoke with her, she was very critical of me getting pregnant again.  This time, she gave me a hug, asked me how I was doing emotionally, then suggested that I see a peri in Atlanta, Georgia.  She said that if it was her, she would want to do the same thing.  She didn't mention birth control or adoption like previously.  She sent a referral to a peri in Atlanta that I'm waiting to hear from.  I didn't tell her that I thought I might be pregnant already, and they didn't do an urine specimen on me.  So, I guess we'll see how it goes.  I could probably just let the peri's office know if I find out I am pregnant and see if they could see me sooner.  If not, I'll go with my original plan of seeing one of the two doctors I'm deciding between.  Either way, I felt a little bit more positive leaving the office and I'm glad she was so nice and considerate today :)

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I am heartbroken for you. I'm so, so sorry for your loss of Mathew and Joshua. I had a baby boy, Jacob, on June 1, 2010 and 21 weeks. I've had 2 miscarriages since then, but they were only at 5 weeks and 10 weeks. Hard, but losing Jacob was harder.

    I'm glad your appointment went relatively well. I hope that you are pregnant now and you can get in to see the peri soon.

    Your boys are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading your blog for awhile but finally sat down and read both of your beautiful boys stories and am so so sorry for your losses. I am in the process of wanting to get pregnant again as soon as I can also. I pray that you are pregnant or will be soon and hope your peri appt goes well.

    ReplyDelete