Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The things you used to never think about...

Joshua's headstone arrived today, and the funeral home installed it. A year ago today, I never thought I'd be looking at headstones...never.  It's crazy how things can change in just a year.  It's a simple, but pretty headstone:

I hope my baby likes it.  I'm going to decorate their graves Friday for Easter, too.

Still no AF so I'll test again Friday if it stays that way.  I definitely feel like I am, though.  I had two bowls of pasta for dinner.  I haven't been able to eat that much in awhile, which is partially why I've lost a lot of weight since October.  I was 110 when I first got pregnant with Joshua.  I dropped down to 105 due to horrible morning sickness. I stayed at 105 throughout the whole 21 weeks.  Since losing him, I've lost 10 pounds.  So, I was surprised at my new appetite....and my sense of smell is a little out of whack.  We'll see how it goes, though...

Thanks for all your answers.  Now, a new question(because I think it's fun to learn about you all):

What song makes you think of your angel(s) the most?

Mine is probably "Homesick" by Mercy Me.  ((There are a lot of songs that remind me of them, though!))

4 comments:

  1. I have actually been wanting to post about this song for awhile, it is called "Afterlife" by the band Avenge Sevenfold. It doesn't at all relate to baby loss but it was one of first songs I heard on the radio when I could finally tolerate listening to anything after Liam died. Every time I hear it I think of him and cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful headstone! Different songs remind me of Laken, but the main one is "Slipped Away" by Avril Lavigne

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH and next month when we have Liam's burial I get to go pick out a headstone for him. I hope I can pick out as nice of one as you did for your Joshua. I really like it

    ReplyDelete